I've been considering the computer, in particular the iPod touch and iPad, as a supplementary math teacher for children. What are the advantages of a computer as teacher?
- You can do more exercises. A math-book has a limited number of exercises. When it's finished, you need another book.
- One needs not be ashamed of making mistakes. A good computer program only says the answer is wrong, nothing else happens.
- A computer program is rather like a game. It's fun.
- A computer program gives immediate and encouraging feedback.
- A computer program easily adjusts the level of difficulty to fit the child