Proctele apps in the App Store

Proctele apps in the App Store
Click the picture to see Proctele apps in Apple's App Store

Monday, January 19, 2015

Windows 7 Support & Selfie-sticks

Microsoft has announced that Windows 7 mainstream support ends this month, and that support finally ends on January 14th 2020. Windows 7 was born on July 22 2009 and it has done good service. Windows 7 became popular in the working place as well as at home. I suppose some would call it the last proper version of Windows, second only to Windows XP.

The Selfie-stick is a popular product. I would never have guessed. With most people born with two selfie-sticks, there's still need for a man-made one? I've been taking selfies with me and my wife for years and never felt the need for a selfie-stick. I see selfies as pictures taken spontaneously or when there's no one around to take it for you. Carrying around a stick for the purpose defeats the whole idea of a selfie, I think. Please let me know if I missed something about selfie-sticks.

I've mentioned protective cases a few times on this blog. My stance is that they're necessary. After I bought an iPhone6, but before I bought a protective case, I managed to let it slip out of my breast-pocket three times. The period of time was 1-2 weeks. I was lucky that it wasn't damaged, because I skipped insurance. Here's what can happen if you don't buy insurance. I bought a book cover type of case in leather. I told my youngest kid, a boy of 9, that it's an Indiana Jones type of cover, because of how it mixes masculinity and old fashion. Well here it is and I recommend it:




There is one protective case, which seems to beat them all. It's made by Urban Armor Gear and it successfully protected its iPhone6 all the way from Earth up to 101,000 ft height and back. Read about it here.

Net neutrality sounds pretty good doesn't it? You know, the Internet treating all data the same, regardless of what it is. Well, having read this I'm not at all sure it's a good principle anymore. 

To round this off I'd like to say that I'm very, very happy about my iPhone6. It takes excellent pictures and apart from all the other functionality it has, it even does voice calls :-) I think it's the best smartphone ever. Only the next iPhone will be able to beat it.


Ref: 
http://readwrite.com/2015/01/14/microsoft-windows-7-obsolescence-end-support
http://readwrite.com/2015/01/13/selfie-stick-inventor-wayne-fromm-shafted-lost-out
http://www.mytrendyphone.se/shop/iphone-6-zenus-142153p.html

No comments:

Post a Comment